Posted by: Debra | 2008-11-17

What to ask the GP

Dear Cyberdoc

I' ve made an appointment to see my GP the 29th. I' ve been on a very healthy eating plan for the past 4 months and I have exercised approx 45 minutes per day (5 - 6 days a week). My problem is I don' t lose any weight and I want to ask my doctor to check it out, what should I ask her to check for? Could there be any medical problems that causes me not to lose any weight?

Please be so kind as to advise...

Hi Debra
Please don't weigh yourself - you probably built muscle and lost fat, and muscle weighs more than fat (but looks better!) - so rather measure yourself - over the hips, in your middle and mid thigh. You can ask your doctor to check your thyroid hormone and insulin and sugar levels.

Posted by: WENDY | 2009-03-17

Good day , my name is Wendy and I have a daughter that is in matric and often complain of a pain on her heart , i did' nt take her to a docter yet and she allso complain of a headache , i dont know if its because she study till late or is it because she dont eat healthy , she dont like vegies at all and like cheese a lot. PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Reply to WENDY
Posted by: fudge | 2009-03-11

i have short breaths can it be asthma.

Reply to fudge
Posted by: Debra | 2008-11-18

Thank you Dr Bets

Reply to Debra