Question
Posted by: Annette | 2009-04-15

What time to eat what?

Dear DietDoc,

I have heard people say there are certian things you should try to avoid after a certian time of the day (for example, no carbs after 4pm, no eating after 7pm, no dairy after a certian time). Can you please tell me what the correct times are for the abovementioned (if any) and set the record straight and add anything else you should avoid after a certian time?

Thanks!

Dear Annette
Human beings are omnivores which means our digestive system has been designed to digest all types of food (proteins, fats and carbohydrates) at the same time. There is no scientific basis to the theory that you should not eat certain foods after 7 pm, etc. Just eat a normal balanced diet that contains all the food groups in moderate portions at normal meals.

1
Posted by: Annette | 2009-04-15

Thanks DietDoc!

Reply to Annette