Question
Posted by: J | 2009-01-11

What then?

I am in a nice relationship with a lady whom I love and we are really comfortable with each other and life is interesting together. But when we have our rows, it is easy to climb in my car and go home. What is going to happen once we are married? Where do I then hide?

(Yeah, someone is going to say: Grow up, and stop running away from your problems)

This forum was supposed to be closed to any new questions until tomorrow, 12th, so I don't know what happened. I've only found your message accidentally, and hope the forum hasn't been negligently opened days earlier than it was supposed to.
Now, to your question. What you are describing, as you seem to recognize, is a bad habit of tending to run away from your problems, and as you rightly recognize, this is neither a genuinely useful technique for you to use through life, nor, especially, a useful one within a relationship or marriage. It wouldbe worthwhile to consider either individual counselling of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy sort, to improve your general problem solving skills, or reationship counselling along with your lady, to focus specifically on problem-solving skills within a relationship, or both