Question
Posted by: Simon Lurie | 2009-09-27

What the hell is going on

I am a 36 white male. I have always been very fit. Doing gym everyday if not twice a day. Non smoker and only having 2 drinks on special occasions. My family history is 1. DAD had quadrupal bi-pass, but that was diet related. 2.GRANDFATHER on Moms side died of throat cancer at 65. 3. AUNT on Moms side died of melenoma at age 40+.

About two years ago I started getting ' flu'  on a regular basis. I would get infected mucus evrytime immediately. My doc always just put me on anti-biotics. Then he tested me for allergies and said I was allergic to temp. changes. And prescibed a nasal spray, which I was on permenantly, to clear my passages. It worked for a year and now recently infection set in with a vengence and all 6 coures of antibiotics helped, but never cleared the infection. I was then sent to the ENT specialist who declared a deviated septum and I needed a SEPTAPLASTY. The op was six weeks ago. The bleeding took forever to go. I have a constant sore throat and a mild headache in base of my head that seems to wanto be best friends. I still cant smell, but there is one smell of stink feet that I cant get rid of and my wife says my breath smells like foot in mouth. I also seem to be feeling the cold more than ever, especially in my feet and shins.

Does these symptoms sound like something. Or am I turning into Mellmyn from Madagascar? Please help.......

Simon Lurie

It sounds as if you are still suffering from chronic sinusitis and I therefore, strongly suggest that you re-visit the ENT specialist for second opinion and a possible sinus lavage.