Question
Posted by: Bee | 2008/06/06

what the hell?

I really feel like I'm going to loose it today. I've been engaged for 6 motnhs now and we're getting marries in two months time.

The porblem is that I really have a huge amoutn of stress at work and when I get home, I really only want to relax, especially over weekends. The one thing I love so much about my fiance is the fecat that we used to always have chilled weekends, doing some stuff with friends and doing some stuff alone.

All of a sudden, he just wants to do stuff 24/7. Last weekend I totally flipped when we spent the entire weekend with his mates and hid family and I just could not take it anymore. '

I feel like a party-pooper moaning all the time, but my word, why the need for all this socialising all of a sudden?

We don't see eye to eye on this. We've have had numreous amounts of discussions and needless to say, fights!

When I feel like I might lose it, I try tying a piece of string to it, and attaching that to my waist or bag. But it's entirely reasonable for you, if in a stressful job, to want a quiet and relaxed weekend, and its indeed puzzling why he should SUDDENLY want so much hectiv socializing. Fighting about it isn't useful, but discussion should be, to understand WHY he suddenly wants all this, and for him to understand why you don't. Maybe see a relationship counsellor for a few sessions to sort this out if you need a referee
Simple's comments make a whole lot of sense, too

2
Posted by: sadi | 2008/06/07

Sounds like he is trying to get in as much partying as he can before he gets married!! Maybe he thinks that once he is married it will be the "ball and chain" thing. CS is right go and see a councellor BEFORE you get married. Sort it out now so that it does not become a problem later on when u r married.

Reply to sadi
Posted by: Simple | 2008/06/06

It seems he realizes that the time is drawing near for him to commit to life time relationship and that comes with not being able to do what you want when you want. Either he is getting all the going out stuff out of his system or he is trying to get his mind off marriage ...

Reply to Simple