Posted by: gogo | 2009-01-12

What sport to do with back injury?

I have problems with my back and seem to slip a disc every now and again. I currently play tennis.
I would like to know what sport is better suited for somebody battling with a back problem?

Hi gogo

Well, the best is to sort out the back problem and strengthn it to the point where you don't need to be excessively worried about your back. It's also difficult to say what sports you should avoid. In terms of best suited - swimming is good, yes. Walking is probably good, because it also loads the back and strengthens it. It might be really good if you can get to Pilates and do some core work and strengthen your back that way. But that's not to say you can't play tennis - or any other sport, for that matter. As long as you do so with care, and look after the back outside of that sport.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-01-13

What about adding swimming?

Reply to Zexeon