Question
Posted by: Angela | 2009-07-22

What should I weigh?

Hi, I am a 27 year old female. I am 1.71m tall.

I have checked my BMI, but was wondering what I should weigh considering that I have a large bone structure.

At 78kg' s (which I think is still alot) my sternum, clavicular and hip bones stick out  and I wear a size 8 shoe...

What do you think my target weight should be?

Dear Angela
According to my calculations your present BMI = 26,7 which is just slightly above the normal weight range (18-25). Because you are so tall and already have some protruding bones, I would say that you should aim for a BMI of about 25, which would entail a weight of 73 kg. If you have certain areas of your body which are not as thin as your upper body then it may be adequate to do targeted exercises to assist weightloss in these areas.

1
Posted by: Rina | 2009-07-22

Between 54.1 to 72.7kg.

Reply to Rina