Posted by: IJK | 2009-03-12

what should I do..talking does not help

Is it wrong to break up with a guy when I am pregnant with his first child? My fiance was fine for the first year of our relationship. he had businesses that did not do well, ended up closing down. he got a job which he did for one month and left it. he is now doing things I would rather not mention for a living and he seems not interested in getting a job. he has turned from a sweet guy to lying about everything. We have a fight every week, mainly because of his outlook on life. he is too comfortable just dressing up, looking good but doing nothing with his life. I don' t want to spend my life working hard to support a man who has no ambition in life. Our relationship is not what it used to be. I am not happy anymore, and now that I am pregnant, I am miserable. He wants an easy life but does not want to work for it. I want out, but I am afraid.

Wrong ? Do you mean in terms of etiquette ( is it bad manners to do so ) ? Or in terms of morals ( it's a wicked thing to do ) ? Or in terms of wisdom and consequences ( will the result for you be better or worse ) ?
Whatever has changed him, he sounds like a highly unreliable guy pre-occupied with something else and not relationships, with you or a child. No reason for you to support a bum who won't work to support himself and his child.

Posted by: Warning signs | 2009-03-13

Clearly you have seen the red flags and you know what you have to do. This creep will not change at all and the way he is is the way he will be for you. Leave him and do it soon. Have the baby and nail him for Maintenance, you must do this, do not let him slither away unincumbered. If he is mixed up in any illegal activities, sounds like he may well be, you could find yourself involved as an accomplice even though you might be innocent. You don' t want to be a part of that. Get going and look out for you and your babe.

Reply to Warning signs
Posted by: T | 2009-03-12

Hi girl been there done that. You must think of what impact he' s lack of ambition have on the little one. Remember you want to bring up a resposible and assertive adult. Who will LO learn that from. The Bible says ' train up your child in the way he should go and he will not depart from it. Your main focus should on the Angel you are caring and yourself. As for the brother he must sort himself out - by himslf. Get your house in order and pray continuosly. Stay blessed

Reply to T
Posted by: Shame | 2009-03-12

You know the answer in your hart, we all can tell you to kick him to the curb, but ultimitly... the choise yours, you have to do what' s right by you and your unborn baby.

Reply to Shame