Question
Posted by: Nina | 2012/09/19

what should i do?

I got married to a divocee with two kids in 2011. when we got married, he was penniless and he wanted me to cover his two kids fees who were at a private school. their mom is not working because she chose not to do so. we live with the kids. this year he had a better paying job where he can afford everything including taking care of us.

his attitude all of a sudden has changed. it has been almost three weeks he has said anything to me. yesterday he went to a meeting in another country, upon his arrival he only talked to his kids. this morning I smsed him to ask whether he had a safe trip and he responded and did not even apologised for not saying anything to me. i texted him again an hour ago asking him if he still wants to be married to me and he told me that he married me because he wanted us to be a big happy family but he doesnt see that happening since am not involved in his kids lives. these are the kids who still have their mother and sees them from time to time. they are between the ages of 9 and 12 and everytime when they come from their mother''s they dont even say hi to me. i find it quite difficult for me to be their mom when i dont even have a relationship with their mother. they only come out of their bedrooms when their dad arrives from work. I feel like giving up. we have a 5 month old baby together.

Its unfortunate that the children's mom has the luxury of CHOOSING not to work - how on earth does she manage to support herself ? Sounds like some mariage counselling would be wise, as he is being unreasonable in what he expects, and not handling his duties to you, or his children, well. He needs to be far more supportive towards you, and to make it very clear to his kids that he expects them to respect you and work with you

1