Question
Posted by: betty | 2010-12-17

What should I do

My husband and I have been married for four years now, when we dated we used to social quite alot, visit with friends and so on, since our marriage is it as if he has withdrawn from everybody, so all where we visit now is my parents and his. This is driving me totally insane and it doesn''t seem to bother him one bit.

I can''t complain about our sex live cause we don''t have one. I have spoken to him many times before but to no avail.
I don''t know what to do anymore this is not what I signed up for - I have had thoughts of leaving him

I gather he was sociable and enjoyed company when you were dating - was he also passionate and interested in sex or cautious about that area of life ? It is indeed possible he may have become depressed ( which reduces ones's interest in sociability and in sex ) or this may be more like his usual self before he met you, and he may have been putting on a special effort when wooing you. Do his parents think he has changed at all > When you speak to him about your concerns ( I hope you speak about them, rather than nag !) what does he say ? Would he consider seeing a counsellor ot shrink to explore these concerns, especially his apparent loss of interest in sex ?

2

Posted by: DD | 2010-12-17

It sounds as if he could be a little depressed. I know that depressed people withdraw themselves socially and their libido also takes a knock.

Good luck.

Reply to DD