Question
Posted by: shells | 2008/06/24

what should i do

Hi CS hope you are coping well during your time of pain my thoughts are with you.

I have a problem I have alot of issues and have been raped and fell pregnant by this person I mutilated myself and lost the child amongst other things I feel I need to see a shrink but I work far out of town so I'll have to leave work about 30 min earlier to get there on time for a 4 o clock appointment could the shrink give me a letter to say I need to see her say every 3 weeks or whatever and therefore need some time off? WIll work accept that? I dont want them to actually know but I'm desperate and I'm bi-polar which doesnt help right now.Could you please give me some advise <br>Thank you

SOunds like a good idea to see a shrink ; and I would expect any doctor or shrink to be glad to give you a letter explaining that you need to leave work a little early on certain days for medical reasons. And as other say, you could offer to work a little extra time some other days to make up for this. I don't believe any company is supposed to discriminate against people who have a health problem and need medical help, and tghe increasing unavailability of doctors out of hours makes this a common problem.

3
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/06/24

Can you take a day's leave and ask if you can have that day off in half-hour increments for each day that you have an appointment, (or an hour per appointment so you don't have to rush there)?
Surely if you explain you have to go and see a doctor, the company would be reasonable and let you go a half-hour early once in 3 weeks...? Or do as you suggest and get a letter from the doc, they'd have to accept that...

Reply to Kay in Gtown
Posted by: shells | 2008/06/24

Hi thanks for your reply but we dont work in town so we work throuh lunch and finish at 4 because we stay far out of town

Reply to shells
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/24

Shells, can you offer to work the time in? Come in half an hour earlier, or work through your lunchbreak? Perhaps you can just tell them that you have a health problem which requires you to see your healthcare provider regularly.

Reply to Maria