Question
Posted by: Tisha | 2012/02/08

what shd I NOT eat on that day???

hi Doc how r u

I have my bday party on Friday and need a very flat tummy for the catsuit. Normally I do have a flat tummy but I find that something I eat after 3pm bloats me by evening. I snack a lot so am not sure what the culprit is. My tummy moves in the afternoon at about this time (am just coming from the loo now) but then I tend to be feeling bloated by evening again. On the day (Friday) what shd I most definitely NOT eat after the 3pm bowel movement?? Or maybe you can advise me on what pattern of eating to follow between now and Friday to eliminate common bloating culprits. If you could just tell me what the usual suspects are, maybe that would help, and pls also advise on anything I shd do on the day itself. Sadly my period is due on Sat so that may be the reason I feel a bit waterlogged this week. Still, any advice will help. Thanks

Dear Tisha
From what you say, it would seem that you may suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) of the diarrhoea variety. Have you ever had a medical examination to determine why you have so many bowel movements and why you tend to bloat? If not, please consider having your gp check you out because the condition could improve with some medical treatment. The following foods can cause bloating: high-fibre foods like wholewheat and high-bran cereals, breads, snacks; raw onions and garlic; the entire cabbage family (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc); sweet peppers; gassy cold drinks; excess caffeine (coffee, tea or caffeine-containing energy drinks); all alcohol; very spicy foods; very fatty foods. I hope your tummy will be nice and flat on Friday and that you look stunning in your catsuit.
Wishing you a very happy birthday

1

Dear Tisha
Wishing you a very happy birthday