Posted by: tania | 2010-08-31

what remedy for smelly armpits

hi pharm what can i apply to my armpits i cant shake the feeling they are never fresh despite washing three times a day and applying roll-on. Is there any kind of alcohol or anti-bacterial cream i can apply to make things betta? What about hydrogen peroxide? I am desperate what can i apply. It''s not that i sweat a lot, they just never seem fresh and neither do my clothes.

I am very self-conscious in public and always rushing off to wash them. Fifteen mins after i wash them they are smelly again. No soap helps not protex dettol nothing. I tried crystal deodorant, men''s deodorants, and that extra powerful roll-on you apply at night and wash off in the morning which stops sweat, i forget its name. But i am still in trouble what can i do.

The actual skin seems to have the smell, the skin in the general area even towards my shoulders. My diet is very clean and i keep my pits as hairless as possible. Pls help i have a very restricted social life and aboslutely no romantic life for years because of this.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi T

Using antibacterial soap is the best OTC option. If this does not help, your doctor can prescribe a topical antibiotic to apply the area.

All the best!