Posted by: Hypalon | 2011-11-25

What pills are available and what works?

Hi there, I have always had a very healthy sexual appetite, but since I went on the pill (jasmin) a year and a half ago, my sex drive has gone down to almost nothing, jasmin is the only pill that works for me, I am very healthy and fit and live a stress free life, and I am not planning on going off the pill any time soon ....... What I wanto know is, are there any " horny"  pills available for women that actually works? I have heard of horny goat weed but haven''t heard that it actually helps ...... can you please suggest a few brands or vitamins or pills I can get to see if it can up my sex drive?

Dear Hypalon,

The impact of using an oral contraceptive on your libido you describe is a fairly commom experience for many women. Unfortunately I am not aware of any officially approved "horny" pills for women.

What is important to know is that for most women they generally are more receptive (emotionally and psychologically) to accept the sexual approach of a partner or to initiate sexual activity (be it masturbation or intercourse) than a physical cue in their body which is interpreted as "I am horny". For women that did at a time experience some physical cues from their body find that after the birth of their first child and as they age, those physical cues diminish significantly.

So it is important to be sure that you do not have an expectation from your body to cue you that you are horny, which actually is not the norm for women. Men experience the physical cue purely because their genitals hang outside their body and when they have any sexual arousal response and blood flows into the penis, the erectile response and increase in a "weight" sensation they feel in their genitals, they interpret as "I am horny". Women's genitals are internal.

You could also discuss this issue with your gynae and the possibility of testing and potentially supplementing your testosterone could be investigated.

Posted by: MAcho | 2011-11-25

MED-e-LIBIDO capsules is a libido enhancer for both men and women.
It is a natural vitamin and herbal supplement to help increase stimulation, performance and get “  in the mood” .

Benefits for Libido:
•  Increased sexual desire.
•  Enhanced sexual experience.
•  Increased performance
•  An aphrodisiac for him and her.

Reply to MAcho