Question
Posted by: Anna | 2013-01-28

What now?

I am 56. I have a full time job and I live alone. My one daughter is married and my other daughter lives overseas. 3 months ago their father (ex husband passed away). I don''t earn a good salary so I can''t afford any hobbies. I spend 90% of my time alone. I am also wheel chair bound. My question is what now? I feel as if I merely waiting to die. There is no purpose in my life anymore. Plus I am so tired of the financial struggle just to live from day to day, no matter how I try I cannot make ends meet.

Lets see what other readers can suggest, A. Life isn't easy, but can still be enjoyable. Explore what could be available through your church, and through other forms of voluntary work with various chaities ( they often need intelligent help of the sort you could provide, and often don't need one to be alarmingly mobile to be helpful ). You're in a position to help others, rather than feeling only in need of being helped. And there are many potential hobbies that don't cost much. Check out if there are any charities for disabled people with a branch within reach, who could perhaps offer gatherings and activities you might enjoy, too. And mayhbe check with your doctor whether you may have been becoming gradually depressed, as Depression, that sneaky disorder, can suck the enjoyment out of anything.

1
Posted by: SK | 2013-01-28

Anna, most people are struggling to make ends meet. If anything just go to church every Sunday and get involved in all the activities that the church offers. It will be free and you will meet other people whom you will be able to talk to. These people will then introduce you to other people and might just find something you love/enjoy that is free. Spending so much time alone (unless you enjoy it) will only depress you, you have to other things to look forward to.

Reply to SK