Question
Posted by: sara | 2013-01-22

what now?

morning, my hubby and i have been trying to fall pregnant for over a year. i have a history of endo and he had encefilitus and fell at work and injured one of his testicles about a year ago. we saw the gynae in Dec and he said my hubby has a low sperm count and put him on sperma aid and staminogro and told me i''''ll have to go for another laparoscopy (my 5th) once we figure out whats wrong with hubby. he referred us to an urologist and he also did a blood test, which came back normal and he said my hubby must continue with the meds, however, according to the urologist it takes min 5 months for the pills to start working...he has been on the meds for a month. do you suggest i also start using staminogro? when do you suggest i go for the laparoschopy as i believe you are quite fertile after the op? i am turning 38 in june and hubby turns 37 in april. i dont smoke but i''''m overweight, hubby smokes. both of us are now trying very hard to be healthier as we heard this also helps with conceiving. i missed my period, for the first time ever, this December, i did a blood test and it was neg. PLEASE HELP! Thank you for your time!

I would suggest that you follow your doctor's advice, find out if there is a reason for your husband's low sperm count and if something can be done about it, and then consider the laparoscopy.