Question
Posted by: HAPPY | 2011/08/25

WHAT NOW?

Hello our ever wonderful Doc, hope you are well.

I calculated my BMI earlier this year, and I should be weighing from 53kgs to 57 kgs. BUT I only managed to get down to 58.3kgs. I cant get to 57''s let alone 56''s. I have NEVER in my entire life seen myself at 55kgs. I always wonder how would I look and feel. WHY is it that I cant go down anymore? Im thinking of "  NO CARB "  DIET NOW.

What do I do ?

Dear Happy
I am well and so I hope are you? Please don't switch to a No Carb diet to lose those last 2 kgs to get you down to 56 kg. Rather start doing some daily exercise like going for brisk walks, skipping, swimming (summer is coming!) or cycling for 30 min a day. The exercise will stimulate your metabolism and over time you will lose those last 2 kg. If you are already exercising, increase your pace or the length of your exercise periods so that you start burning kJs. The benefit of doing aerobic exercise is that it not only uses up energy while you exercise, but also increases your basic metabolic rate (BMR) for up to 24 hours after a session and this increased BMR will help you shed that weight.
Hang in there - Rome was also not built in one day!

1

Dear Happy