Question
Posted by: lara | 2009-11-04

what now ?

I have been on a diet that promise 3kg weighloss in 2 weeks .This diet includes carbs and protein, low fat, low GI - I have been following this to the t /gram... for 2 weeks - drink 1,5 - 2 lit of water per day, started exercising (3 times a week cardio in the gym) .... with NO results. I am 45 , and need to loose +-5 kgs.The only thing did was to drink 2 cups of coffee (one in the morning and one in the evening) with 2 teaspoons of suger. (fat free milk) . Can 4 tsp of suger have a inpact ? meds - Aropax. don' t now what to do

Dear Lara
Having 4 teaspoons of sugar per day which contain a total of 324 kJ (5,1%) of your daily energy intake will not hamper weightloss. The medication you are taking, also does not list weight gain as a side-effect. However, depression can hamper weightloss and/or cause weight gain. 2 weeks is a relatively short time for any diet or exercise programme to make an impact, so I would advise that you continue with the diet and longer cardio sessions (at least 1 hour x 3 per week)to see if you can lose those 5 kg. The closer you are to your ideal weight, the harder it can become to lose the last few kg.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-04

Dear Lara