Question
Posted by: TRIX | 2010/09/22

WHAT NEXT ?

Just want to know. I have anxiety disorder, and possible bit of depression.
I do well on anxiety meds but not so much on the AD.
Will I do any permanent damage if I try and stick to an anti-anxiety and leave the AD ?
I am tried  Cipramil  Remeron  Zoloft, and I just don’ t think I respond well to any of these meds.
I am in no-way suicidal, in fact quite the opposite.
Your thoughts please, and are there just plain low dosage anti-anxieties I can take?
Thanx

There should me no "Permanent damage" from NOT using antidepressants to treat anxiety disorder ( I hope it has been properly diagnosed, by a psychiatrist rather than only a GP ) With anti-anxiety meds like the benzo's ( valium, ativan, etc ) there is a risk, with medium to long-term use, of becoming dependent on them.
A better alternative, I feel, is the use of CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, a specific method of counselling which is really effective, and of course no side-effects or risks. The anxiety-Depression Support Group ( number on this page ) could help you find such a therapist.

1