Posted by: thirty-something | 2009-01-28

I am 33 and have a Merina in for 5 years now and it is obviously time to take out. I dont want to put in another Merina for various reasons. We dont want any more children but I am not ready for a histerektomy. I dont want to pop a pill a day either can you please give me more info about the injection and the side effects?

Have a look under Contraception on this website. There is a lot of information there.

Posted by: CUPCAKE | 2009-01-28

Sterilization is when a man or woman has an operation to permanently prevent pregnancy. If you' re sure that you don' t want to have children or you don' t want more children, sterilization may be the right choice for you

They may have some side effects, such as headaches and changes in your period, mood and weight if u decide to take the injections.

any other device thats inserted inside the body is prone to infections so u have to decide

mabe it would be a better idea if your husband has a vasectomy its reversable

Reply to CUPCAKE