Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/09/04

What might be the problem

I would like to establish if the problem might be me, here at work most of the people do not really befriend me, i feel like a loner, i eat my lunches alone. I try to be nice most of the time, thinking they will invite me out but they seem to befriend each other and Im left out (yes I am not that talkative but enjoy chatting), and I am 32 yrs no longer a teen who need acknowledgement but I feel so sad most of the time, I usually go to my car and pray at times I cry. When ever there are functions I just go home, cause I have no real friend. But I don' t really understand since most of the time keep a good self esteem. Same goes with relationship' s, I don' t even have a relationship, wish to have a partner but no luck. I tried to look good as much as I can but I gave up now, i feel like resigning.

I'm sure other readers, more familiar with office politcs and strategies should be able to advise you well here. ANd I'm also sure that there's nothing wrong with you. But if you went to those office functions, you'd have more chances to get to klnow people and let them get to know you --- they may be misinterpreting your actions and reactions, thinking that you may be stanf-offish and uninterested in being friendly with them.

2
Posted by: oza | 2008/09/05

Kelly
You do not say if you are male or female, it may be your body language may be way you respond to people, there are many things that makes people avoid a person, you may not trust people enough and keep your guard up.
Do yourself a favour enrol in a motivation class or get a number of books to read up on motivation.
One has to interact with people to make friends, or do you mistrust people and you step back cause you are afraid?.
Try asking others to join you why wait for someone to ask you to join them and yes if they turn you down don’ t run and hide ask others. 32 is not old you are young enough to be able to socialize, take up dancing of any form ballroom is good you meet people.
Join organisations but you have to take the first step and don’ t let rejection scare you away so yes some people will not respond so what there are plenty of other lonely people out there.
Hope this helps

Reply to oza
Posted by: ME | 2008/09/04

Hey There
Just hang in there.... I myself work for a big corporate and understand how hard it is to build relationships.
Don' t try to be something you' re not... just be who you are...
I too have been one of those folks that fly below the radar!
Don' t give up! Because perhaps that is what is getting you down... show them your spunk  )

Reply to ME