Question
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/07/01

What makes people gay?

www health24 news Sexuality.
Have a look at this. Ver informative, but not really news, is it?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

4
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/07/02

Point taken. Let's hear it. My opinion goes with the school which says 100% genetic or born that way. Regardless of what happened to me in my childhood (molestation, absent father and all those factors/theories), I was sexually attracted to men AND NOT WOMEN for as long as I can remember. Even before the other "factors" came into it. No, I was born gay.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/07/02

Not sure I want to agree with the bottom line of this study.

I mean if it is not nature 100% then it can be "cured" or listed in the DSM (Diagnostic & Statistical Manual for MENTAL DISORDERS) …. !!

Any reference to “nurture” does not in my opinion, refer to homosexuality but more to bi sexuality or sexual “freedom” and once again make the CONDITION of being gay, all about sex and not about relationships. Having sex is a human behavior and we read about same-sex sexual abuse in prisons for example which does NOT make those doing it or receiving it gay, surely??

I want to suggest we are very careful not to be misled in this instance.

I would like to know how GLBTI organizations respond in an “official” capacity to this “STUDY”

We need to debate this seriously …

Nikkits

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: Anon#2 | 2008/07/01

Everything is news to the young - to every generation the world is new and we assume that they know stuff at our own peril.

Reply to Anon#2
Posted by: H_T | 2008/07/01

Yeah I saw it this morning along with SDI Risk Doubles, which was shocking to say the least.

Reply to H_T