Question

What level?

I do 30 min Taebo, 30 min conditioning and light weights 4 times a week, Brisk walk 45min once a week. Is that considered as light or moderate exercise?

To what must I increase my wxercises to go to the next level?

That would be moderate for the taebo (though this could even be high intensity, depending on the level you do it at), and then moderate for the weights and maybe between moderate and light for the walk. Again, it depends on the definition of "brisk".

When you say "next level", are you talking about the next level for weight loss or fitness or general health? There'd be subtle differences between the way you train for each. I think you're doing enough overall exercise, in terms of days per week. And the time spent training, if my sums are correct, is good.

So the intensity is something you might look at. The taebo is a 'self-selected' intensity - you choose how hard to go, so with fitness, you should improve. If you're not, then it's just a case of challenging yourself to push a little harder. The weights is a little easier to measure, in that you can increase by 10% and keep everything the same. You might try that.

Then the walk, depending whether you do it on a treadmill or outdoors, you can look to increase the total distance covered in 45 minutes, or you can break the 45 minutes up into say nine 5-minute intervals, where you go harder than usual for 2 minutes (you might even jog slowly) and then walk for 3 minutes. This kind of training improves fitness a lot, and over time, you'll be able to cut down on the walking time and increase jogging/very fast walking.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/08/12

Reply to fitnessdoc