Question
Posted by: Mommy | 2011-07-01

what leave - unpaid ?

For obvious reasons i have always hid my manic depression from my employees. When i cannot get myself out of bed i go to my doc and he just puts " medical condition"  and I tell them it''s flu or something.

Its reached a point now that im exceeding my 12 days sick leave a year. If i divulge my true " illness"  and take off time for this - i just want to sleep for days and days till i " snap"  out of it....can i get more sickleave or will it have to be unpaid leave?

What do i do? Thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

what leave - unpaid

If you need more sick leave it will be unpaid leave.

4
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2011-07-28

what leave - unpaid

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: hellen | 2011-07-15

Annual leave will do.

Reply to hellen
Posted by: johan de vries | 2011-07-06

pls get in under control with medication, you can. in the long run you will save money besides feeling better. depending on the company if it is habbit forming they can end your services incapacity due to ill health. so pls see the right dr. it takes 6 weeks of the right medication to fix you up.

Reply to johan de vries
Posted by: Letitia | 2011-07-04

You will have to use your annual leave or unpaid leave.
Off the subject, I suffer from the same and a couple of years ago got it under control with medication. I now hardly ever need sick leave for this.

Reply to Letitia