Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-23

What is wrong with me

I have had a particularly stressful year, many deaths in the family and accusations of affairs etc. At the moment I am just so tired both mentally and physically. I am suffering from headaches which I never used to. I had my blood pressure checked a little while ago at it was 105 over 60 which I am lead to believe is low. I have always had a weight problem and have been dieting for three years and have shed 27 kg. Since the death of my dad 6 months ago, my weight has been increasing steadily and I feel that I just don' t have the " guts"  to do anything about it! I seem to have lost interest in most things and feel most comfortable when I sleep because none of my worries bother me. I know that I have to pick myself up and carry on but I have lost that willpower that I once had! On top of the tiredness, I seem to have an uncontrollable appetite aswell. What is going on with me? Could it be a thyroid issue or something else? It concerns me that at this rate I will be right back where I started with regards to my weight, I have already gained 7,5 kg in 6 months. Please help me, I feel like I am losing all control of what I once had such a good hold on.

Dear Anon
You have typical symptoms of a reactive depression due to emotional stress and trauma. It may help to take an antidepressant but ask your doctor to prescribe one that won't cause weight gain.

3
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-11-23

Just self motivate yourself and why it would be better as to keep your weight under control and then you won' t even feel hungry and when you do use portion contol and water as substitute for unhealthy foods.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: anxious | 2009-11-23

Given what you have been going through, one possible thing you could have is depression. Go and see your gp and maybe have a complete medical.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-23

Dear Anon

Reply to cyberdoc