Question
Posted by: Mummy | 2008/12/02

What is wrong with me

I am mum who is right now not in a good space, I am studying (started in 2002) towards a diploma I stopped studying in 2005 mid year cause I was pregnant with twins they were born in 2006 and las year I went back to studying I failed the same subject twice and I got mt results today and I have failed again, I never failed like this I study and I work. What am I doing wrong I do study for exams. Please help Doc.

You don't mention where you are doing your studies, but ANY educational institution worth recognition must provide a personal counselling and educational counselling / study methods tutoring system, which should be able to help you identify what has caused these recent problems. Its not that anything is wrong with you ( unless you have other symptoms you haven't mentioned ) but your study methods may need brushing up.

27
Posted by: Mummy | 2008/12/03

Ever since I ve had them my performance, has taken a knock, but I am determined to finish what I started.

Reply to Mummy
Posted by: Mummy | 2008/12/03

Reply to Mummy
Posted by: CM | 2008/12/03

You go Mummy.... i have 2 small kids and i am too afraid to go study again... how do you manage??

Reply to CM
Posted by: Sharad | 2008/12/03

Mummy, never give up. Even if it means writing your exams 10 times.

Reply to Sharad
Posted by: Mummy | 2008/12/03

Duh

Karen this in not the only qualification I have and I won' t quit I know what I am capable of, maybe there is an underlying problem or may like other people say I must take it easy and please take it easy life is too short. There are people out there who fail people and they don' t have kids.

If at first you don' t succeed try again, I have always been top of class I am going through a dip right now and it is because of that I am wondering why this is happening, if I was stupid I would just accept failure.

Get a life Karen and get some sleep you are irritable, and nasty. Maybe u' r lying to us you are not studying if you were intelligent you attitude would be intelligent too. Youv' e proven to be small and bitter is it because you can' t cope.

Thanks everybody hope you have a lovely day. God bless you

Reply to Mummy
Posted by: Me | 2008/12/03

karen - did you do grammar - by any chance????

Reply to Me
Posted by: T | 2008/12/03

Ooh SHUT UP! Don' t u have " very important"  work to or some superwoman schedule to get back to?

Reply to T
Posted by: Karen | 2008/12/03

Dear Me

Tell me how do they bahave? Like you? I am suppose to lie to her and tell her that things will be ok?

You are all nothing but a bunch of hypocrites, you are not doing this woman any justice by lying to her. Sometimes the truth hurts, that is why you are all on my case like this.

I do not need to prove my achievements to any of you, i have achieved what iv achieved now through hard work, i never whined about failing 3 times!!!

How in earth do you do one and the same thing 3 times ans still fail it?

This world will be a better place if ppl were being honest instead of telling ppl what they want to hear, you giving her all these stupid advices while laughing at her behind her back, then turn around and act like you are being sympathetic towards her, at least i am tlling her the truth!

That is the reason why Mummy posted here, so that you can all feel sorry for her. She needs to get her act together, no one said it will be easy but it' s all up to her!!! It' s simple, she' s been failing coz she hasn' t been working hard enough, now she must take this and learn from it, period!

Reply to Karen
Posted by: me | 2008/12/03

karen my dear - educated " literate"  people do not behave in such a way!!!! i' m starting to wonder if what you are saying is nothing but whishful thinking...

Reply to me
Posted by: CM | 2008/12/03

I bet you Karen just made her.....list of achievements.... up.

Reply to CM
Posted by: Rix | 2008/12/03

You are ALL really horrible. Mummy must work harder, try harder, study harder. Mabe she just isn' t meant to go into the field she is studying towards. We can' t all achieve the same marks and goals in life.
And leave Karen alone, she'  s being honest. The truth hurts at times, but hey, we need to hear it.

Reply to Rix
Posted by: Karen | 2008/12/03

Dear Posh,

I am managing just fine sweetie, I am not bitter and i have a heart too,and if i feel things getting too hectic, i slow down. I do not whine and look for sympathy, It' s simple, Mummy cannot cope, she can' t study and be a mother at the same time.

Stop being such sensitive bitches and stop lying to her. She needs to quit for now until her kids are bigger ot until she gets more help so that she can study.

She is going to enrol again next year, question is, Is she gonna pass? Hell No, if she has failed the same thing 3 times, what' s gonna make her pass now?

Come on people, stop fooling Mummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Posh | 2008/12/03

I think the reason why Karen is so bitter is because she has bitten more than she can chew with all her " superwoman"  life style, gee, no wonder the woman is such a bi& ^%ch, she is too stressed out. Karen, Slow down doll, then maybe just maybe you will have a bit of a heart too.

Reply to Posh
Posted by: Posh | 2008/12/03

Reply to Posh
Posted by: Posh | 2008/12/03

Reply to Posh
Posted by: T | 2008/12/03

Karen F off! Mommy, you' re doing the best you can but may have to re-strategise. Is there a way you can break your courses down into manageable amounts each year. And then it may take you longer to finish, but the workload lighter. You' re doing something with your life for a better life for yourself and your kids. It' s not easy, but hang in there and All the best!
Karen, you' re a freaking Ars hole.

Reply to T
Posted by: Karen | 2008/12/03

Call me whatever the ell you like cows, i still say she must quit, or else she' ll be studying till Kingdom comes!

Reply to Karen
Posted by: irritable | 2008/12/03

karen you are a b& tch - that' s all - piece of shit!

Reply to irritable
Posted by: jcat | 2008/12/02

so apart from Superwoman/Karen......there are not many people who could manage a fulltime life with two kids under two, and still study.
Maybe Mummy, you could speak to the people whith whom you are studying and take things slower until the kids are a bit older....try do one module at a time, and yeah, find other people to study with.
You are obviously determined and motivated - you will succeed!
Regards,
jcat

Reply to jcat
Posted by: felicity | 2008/12/02

Karen, either you have PMT or you are a cow to be so insensitive to person who has a problem. Maybe you should host a Supermom website of your own. One day when you are battling with something maybe you will realise how unnecessary your response was.

Reply to felicity
Posted by: Mummy | 2008/12/02

What did I compalin about, I am also appalled by my perfomance and who said I can' t multi task are u angry with the world or what is ur problem. And Karen I know I am not stupid hence i am still studying and I am not going to use my babies as scape goats cause I know I can make it.
Thanks all for understanding I think Karen is a very unhappy woman and agro

gggrrrrrr karen smile and take things easy I am the one who has a problem not you

Reply to Mummy
Posted by: Karen | 2008/12/02

Judge and Judge Judy,

I am a mother of 3 toddlers, eldest 6, then 3 and last born 18 months, i am married and i am studying towards my Honours as well.

When i get home from work, i have to cook, bath the kids, put the to bed etc, tidy up the house, by that time it' s already around 22:30. I take a bath and hit my books and only sleep at around 2am everyday. By 5, i am already up, getting ready for work.

I haven' t failed and am now busy with exams.So Mummy can do it, you don' t have to be intelligent to pass, just work HARDER, instead she is complaining. Failing 3 times is a bit too much, i know a lot of women who work and study on top of that, plus they have families but they do it. Why can' t she?

I am not being insensitive, if she can' t multi-task, she must quit studying, finish and klaar, instead of whining!

Reply to Karen
Posted by: eish | 2008/12/02

some peopel are just so stupid and really shouldnt post silly comments on these posts. KAREN, how cld you be so insensetive?! atleast she is trying...what r u doing with your life that is fruitful before you judge other people. sies! Mummy, sometimes when there ar etoo many things happenig in your life, studying is not a good idea. maybe wait until things settle down a bit and then start again when you can concentrate.sometimes you mite think that your understanding waht your studying while you are not ok and then u find out from the results that u were not understanding. its also a good idea to have someone to study with.some institutions have group studies and tutorials and you can communicate with peope doing the same modules over emails and discuss the content of the text book or whatever. get as much help as you can bcz it is out there.im also studying and and working and at first it wasnt easy coz id come back tired and stressed form work and also personal issues.i didnt go to wrtie coz i cldnt concentrate but one everything had settled down i wen tback and im doing well. good luck.

Reply to eish
Posted by: JUDGE JUDY | 2008/12/02

KAREN, dearest. Maybe you should go and study with twins and working and having a husband and an home. Mmmm,maybe you are beyond your IQ. Shame KAREN,what ARE YOUR achievements?

Reply to JUDGE JUDY
Posted by: Judge | 2008/12/02

Karen, please would you enlighten us: what are your achievements in life? And being a cow is not an achievement.
Honestly, please list them for us.

Reply to Judge
Posted by: Karen | 2008/12/02

Nothing is wrong dear, you are just stupid. You must be really dumb to fail thrice! Quit while you can.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: ANon | 2008/12/02

Nothing is wrong with you.

Reply to ANon