Question
Posted by: Star | 2008/08/07

What is wrong with me

Hello, i am a 27 year old female. I have always been a bit of a anxious person. All through my teens and now in my twenties.
I have a lot of mood swings, my head is feeling fuzzy, i sometimes feel dizzy and have heart palpitations when i wake up in the morning. It feels like a lump is stock in my chest. Im short of breath. i always have the similar nightmares over and over and i get bad thoughts in my mind.(like death, and illness, etc. but never suicidal. have never been. My mom was diagnosed with anxiety disorder in her twenties. Might it be that i have inherited this? She is on medication. It really sounds like i am very sick but usually i am fine. but have a too many bad days to feel like i am really happy and enjoying my life to the fullest. Can you please advise me on my situation as i want to help myself. now.

Could well be an anxiety disorder --- they're not strongly inherited, but if your mom had such a disorder, you have a higher risk of developin one, too, than other people. See a good local shrink for a proper assessment, and a discussion of treatment options based on the results of that assessment.