Question
Posted by: chrissy | 2008/08/02

What is wrong with being married and going out with single friends.

Ok here is the deal. I' Ve come across married friends that there spouse have a problem with them going out with me cause i' m single. it seems that alot of people have this problem. it kinda seems that they have the perciption that you are going to let them into things they are not suppose. i really dont understand. maybe i will remind them of how it is to be single, and maybe they would want to be single again.i hate the idea that i would have to loose a friend because they are married now.

Its more accepted that a married couple might, together, go out with one or more single friends ; for a married man to go out with a single woman ( or vice versa )is very reasonably considered suspect, and for a married woman to go out with a single woman friend is seen as being at least neglectful of the spouse. You don't need to lose a married friend, but may need to modify expectations of exclusive one-on-one time with them.