Question
Posted by: poppy | 2008/10/28

what is wrong?

i' m a healthy 28 year old woman, with everything going for me. new job, nice place to stay, new relationship of 3 months with great guy, loving friends &  family. though sometimes (like now) i cut myself off from the world, without reason. i prefer not to talk to anyone, i don' t want to explain myself, i have a very weird, very strong sense of just not wanting to figure out what could be wrong with me. i' m stubborn, i deliberately cut myself off from people, i want to be alone, i don' t want to talk, it' s almost as if i can' t talk - especially not why i' m so quiet. it' s as if my voice gets stuck in my throat, nothing comes out. it feels like there is some kind of block in my mood / personality / feelings. not sure what triggers it, not sure why it happens, just sure right now that i want to stop it because it' s not normal, although it feels quite ok to be like that, but i don' t want to hurt people. usually lasts for 2 - 3 days at a time.

please... help!

YOu feel there may be soemthing wrong with you, but don't fully want to find out what this might be ? Its very normal to want to be alone AT TIMES, and maybe to want to be with others at other times. The significant issue might be whether you can freelly chose or whether you are unable to choose some ordinary options, in which latter case some counselling might well help.