Posted by: Phiwe | 2012-08-22

what is this, ,,semi asleep , semi awake no breathing....

I''m a female of 35 yrs I dont know whats happening with me, recently, when I''m half asleep, i woud have this feeling that i want to lift my head and i cant, i want to scream and I cant, i want to move my body I am not able to do so, and Im like i cant even breathe properly , imm in such a strange state, up unitl i jump up , when i do ii feel extremely dizzy as if my head is heavy heavy. Please can anyone explain this, its happening everyday now.......must i see a doctor, which one.......

You are suffering from sleep paralysis, which occurs when you are in a semi-conscious state, ust before you fall asleep. This is normal and you should calm yourself and fall asleep. Do not jump up, as this will cause postural low blood pressure and you can injure yourself, as the low blood pressure can cause you to loose consciousness and fall. Please do not be afraid. Consult your doctor if you are experiencing severe stress, as he/she can give you medication as a temporary measure to alleviate your stress.