Question
Posted by: Daniel | 2010/05/19

What is this feeling I have towards her?

I''ve been friends with a lady for the last 8 years, we did not have contact for a while, but we have been seeing each other regularly for the last 7 months. I have been single for the last year and a half after ending a long relationship with my previous girlfriend. I always thought that we would stay friends and thought that she was not my type. We have always discussed our relationships and potential relationships with other people, even in the last few months. I know I care for her well being. I suddenly feel that there is something more. Is it only because I have been single for so long and have the need for a relationship or is it real? How should I discuss it with her without wrecking our friendship?

I can't guess what may have led to your changed feelings towards her, but your suggestion it may have been after a long period of being single and feeling the need for a relationship, makes sense. I don't see why it should necessarily wreck your friendship to discuss it gently with her, saying how much you value the friendship, but that you have bneen wondering whether she had any interest in letting the relationship develop further than that

1