Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/17

what is this

Hi.. Do you think this is a neurological or pschycological problem. I cannot wear tampons, as I pass out. I cannot go to the gynae for a pap smear, because I pass out and have a mild siezure. I cannot go to the dentist because the same thing happens. Im fine during sex though. Last year I went to the doctor to have my ears checked and while he was cleaning them I nearly fainted. What is causing this to happen?

I can't work out any way in which this could be a neurological problem ( and if it were, you would never have been able to have sex ), but such problems from psychological causes are well recognized - and fortunately they respond well to treatment from a skilled psychologist.
DO see a good practical psychologist for a thorough assessment, and you can then receive treatment that can rapidly reduce and then stop this over-sensitivity that is so inconvenient for you.

1