Posted by: Sharon Henderson | 2011-02-20

what is the risks of 8 month baby having seizures and epileptic fits

Hi I am the owner of a nursery school and I am very concerned at the risk of having an 8 month old baby who has been hospitalised 3 times since Christmas for seizure /epileptic fits. My staff are not trained to handle this situation. What do you advise I do. So far luckily she has had the fits at home. We are giving her anti convuslion medication. What is the legal requirments for taking care of this child. I keep telling the parents it is not worth the risk for the school as we have just opened. I cannot find any thing on the web

Sharon Henderson

Obviously, the risk is there that the child has a seizure at school and it is possible that things could go terribly wrong for the child. I think that you should ask the parents to consult the attending doctor with you, in order to discuss the risks involved.