Posted by: Deq | 2011-06-28

what is the next step?

My son, 9yrs has a concertration problem. His teacher took me one side and told me. He doesn''t do that well in school even though he seems very bright. He turns his letters the wrong way around as well.
He gets very hyperactive with sugar and hardly stands still. He doesn''t walk but skipps mostly. He also has a problem in catching things and with running. He doesn''t seem to straighten his legs properly and gets tired quickly. There seems to something more or a bit different to just ADD. Please help and give some advice as to what I should do next as I haven''t got a lot of money to spend on specialists.
Thank you!

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

hi Deq
i would most certainly get a good assessment done by a psychologist who has experience with children who learn differently, adhd, autism, nvld etc. A knowledgeable psychologist will def be able to get him the necessary support.