Question
Posted by: Boerboel Owner | 2009-06-24

What is the latest age for a dog...

...to attend " dog school" .I leave in arural KZN and its only now that there is a lady that is looking to start dog training classes. Now I`m not sure if my three dogs are still suitable. I have three dogs a 3yr old cross Boerboel,1yr old Boerboel and 9mnth old GSD. Can my dogs still benefit for training classes. And what is a ball park price per hour per dog?

Dear Boerboel owner

All of them can benefit. No idea about the cost.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-24

It' s a myth that you ' can' t teach old dogs new tricks' . Certainly pups will learn faster than adults, but that' s most likely only because they haven' t yet developed other habits that must be unlearned. Take them to training - they will love it, so will you, and you will learn a lot.

I' m not sure what the going rate is - there are dog clubs around, which often charge only a nominal fee - sometimes, training is even free to members.

Reply to Chill

My jack Russel barks at birds on the roof and wall of the house... I am worried that While I' m not there she does this all day... I am also concerned about my neighbours reactions...