Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2010/11/17

What is the duration

Dear Dr Bets

I started feeling achy all over on Sunday afternoon. My chest was burning but I had no cough. I then that evening (3 days ago) also developed a fever 37.9 to 38.2. If I take myprodol it relieves the body aches and fever, but it keeps coming back. I dont cough a lot but have thick, sticky green phlem that I cough up. I was nauseus this morning and vomitted as well. Panado does relieve the fever, but not the body aches. I have a gastric ulcer, so I should not take myprodol but I feel really ill. I have really slept most of the day and night since Sunday and have almost no appetite.

I think I just have flu. How long does flu normally last?

Hallo BMJ
Flu usually last about a week, but the fact that you have thick sticky green phlem makes me think that you have either bronchitis or pneumonia that may need antibiotics and I really think you should see your GP for a prescription.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/17

Hallo BMJ