Question
Posted by: Zulfah Adams | 2012-02-20

What is the best diet to be on

I would like to know what is the best diet to be on?
I heard a lot about slender wonder what would you suggest?
I''m not losing weight even though i eat no carbs n chocolates etc. I drink my 3 litres of water, I had my thyroid checked is normal. Why am I not losing weight?

My daily meals consist of
Breakfast: jungles with canderal
Lunch: grilled chicken breast with salad
Supper: grilled chicken breast and salad

Dear Zulfah
I am personally not in favour of high-protein, zero-carb diets because I regard them as unbalanced and not sustainable. If you have reduced your energy intake with your diet and are still not losing weight then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup just to see if you don't have an underlying physical problem such as an underactive thyroid or a psychological problem such as depression. If you are given a clean bill of health all round including for the psychological aspect, then I would like to encourage you to try a low-fat, low-glycaemic index (GI) diet. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. You can also contact the The Glycemic Index Foundation of SA at: www.gifoundation.com to obtain more information, including books that explain the principles of the diet. If you combine this type of low-fat, low-GI diet with daily aerobic exercise then you should start to lose weight.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-02-21

Dear Zulfah