Question
Posted by: gremlin | 2010/08/04

What is the benefit to the party who is being served

my husb says he wants a divorce but i can see he will never serve me. All actions and words say he wants it so now i ask myself the ? why would he not go ahead first? what will he gain if i serve him with the divorce? am i missing something here could anyone with exp pls help figure this out is there sumthing i dnt know about that would be of benefit to him and not to me if i did it?

Anything at all, any other experiences? we married with the accrual system, 2 kids.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

The only real benefit is that a Plaintiff sets the divorce in motion.

4
Posted by: wvw | 2010/08/05

Go to the leagal aid &  get things started he will not do it as he knows the he will have to pay maintanance for you &  the two children

If he said he wants a divorce &  he did not do it the i think that he knows when he goes to the attorney he will have to settle for Maintance so dont wait &  get legal advice as soon as possible so that you know what you can expect

Hope this will help

Reply to wvw
Posted by: gremlin | 2010/08/05

To HW are your refferin to costs for the lawyer to get the divorce done? IF so i dont see how he could because i am unemployed and therefore will be utilising the Free legal aid assistance to serve him so i dont think he can make me pay for his lawyer if that is what he is saying??? Pls sum1 help here...

Reply to gremlin
Posted by: HW | 2010/08/05

Maybe because he could claim the costs from you as the plaintiff? Or maybe he doesn''t actually want a divorce - all words, no action?

Reply to HW
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/08/05

Reply to family law expert