Question
Posted by: Steb | 2009/01/14

What is the average for a sperm count?

I am going to collect the results for my sperm test next week. What is the average counts that I should be expecting with regards to sperm mobility, sperm count ext.

Dear Steb

Different laboratories may use different reference values depending on the protocol that they follow. I would therefore suggest that you use the laboratory reference as a guide. In general however sperm count below 10 million and morphology below 15% will be regarded as abnormal. The motility depends on the timing and would be reflected in the laboratory report.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim