Posted by: OMO OBA | 2009-02-27

what is my chance

I was diagnosed azospermia and my test result shows FSH 9.452, LH 9.491, PROCLATIN 23.742, TESTOTERONE 4.56. what is your advice based on this information.

I would suggest that you consider the option of testicular biopsy or testicular aspiration to retrieve sperm directly from the testicle. Based on your blood results it is probable that there is still some sperm production-taking place although this may be on a very small scale. Once sperm is obtained from the testicle they can be frozen and used in an IVF microinjection treatment cycle (intracytoplasmic sperm injection). Unfortunately if no sperm is obtained in a well-performed testicular biopsy then the prognosis is poor and one should then consider the option of donor sperm.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim