Question
Posted by: ann | 2008/07/12

what is it?? URGENT!

Im 49. Have had menopause symptoms since I was 42, only now are the symptoms much worse and much more uncomfortable. I have up to now not taken any HRT. Went for a pap smear and check up with Gyno. She said she couldnt give me HRT because of Deep Vein Thrombosis in our family. She gave me a script for Venlafixine 75mg one a day and also Caltrate Plus. My bone density scan showed good bones. Collected the script and got Efexor XR 75mg (venlafaksien) . Are they the same thing?? And when reading the enclosed brochure it said it is an antidepressant.
Im am not depressed why then give me this and not a natural HRT??? IM JUST PLAIN CONFUSED AGAIN!!!!

They are the same thing. Often drugs have different uses and Effexor has been shown to help with hot flushes,