Posted by: Scared | 2008-12-08

What is it??

Hi DOc, pls help. I drink anti depressants (Zoloft) for anxiety attacks. (just to give you some background) and now these days, when i lay on my left side, my heart/ chest (not sure which one) pains and i sometimes get this itchy , burning feeling in my heart/ chest. What could this be? i am going to my dr, but she is only available next week, so i need to know in the mean time. ALso i am 5 weeks pregnant.. Thank you

Dear Scared
When you are pregnant your cardiovascular system change, your volume of blood gets more, your heart pumps harder and you may get palpitations. If it only happens when you lie on your left side, it is unlikely to be angina. Rather let your Gp have a look and do an ECG if needed. See also this article on Zoloft and pregnancy