Question
Posted by: Andi | 2006/04/24

Q.

What is Doxitab for?

Last week i thought i was coming down with a bad case of the flu. i had a terrible headache and my body was aching. The abdominal area was the most painful area - walking was a miserable chore. I also had a slight cough with a little pleghm. At some point i experienced nausea and a bit of dizziness. I had a bit of a discharge which i assumed was normal ovulation.
I thought i could just sleep off this illness but things just became worse when i couldn't sit up at work so i went to our medical centre where i was given Doxitab (100mg) and painkillers. This was after the nurse on duty took a urine sample after which she told me i had an infection.

i'm 23, am sexually active with the same partner for almost four years. Could i have an STI?

Most of the symptoms have mostly disappeared. i still experience a bit of nausea and stomach cramps with a bit of diarrhoea particularly after ingesting the Doxitab.
I'm still taking the Doxitab. What exactly are these pills for and is it normal to be experiencing these side-effects?

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear Andi
Doxitab is antibiotics and is a broad spectrum for all kinds of infections. It is a good choice if you have discharge too. You could have had a STI but you must ask your doctor if he tested you for it.

6
user comments
Posted by: Sharon | 2014/04/07

I got Doxitab 2day I am going 2 try it out its for my skin I hope this Wil work

Reply to Sharon
Posted by: Dee | 2013/09/04

Can Men drink the doxitab to prevent the STI as well?

Reply to Dee
Posted by: sarah | 2013/06/14

Can pregnant women drink these pills?

Reply to sarah | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: gh | 2013/08/01

hh

Posted by: sarah | 2013/06/14

Can pregnant women drink these pills?

Reply to sarah
Posted by: sarah | 2013/06/14

Can pregnant women drink these pills?

Reply to sarah

Want to comment?