Question
Posted by: New cat owner | 2012/03/23

What is cat fly symptoms?

Hello Dr.

I have adopted a cat in our apartment block as his owner had a stroke and is now in a care centre. He had the cat for 5 years and he has inherit the cat as well as the original owner moved away. I always though it was a Tom cat but discovered it is a female cat. She was never a friendly cat but has changed sice she came to live with me as I brush her every day and she are always looking for me. The past few days her nose has been very dry and she makes similar noises to when she wants to through up (only happned twice since I got her 3 months ago) however she is not through up. What can be wrong and what can i do to help her?

I do not want to loose her shefills a space in my life.

Hi New cat owner

It is difficult for me to say what may be wrong with your beloved cat. If she is gagging then she could be suffering from a hair ball or fur that is intermittently lodged in her oesophagus.If this is the case then consider changing the diet and or using a paste to alleviate the problem. If you think that she is unwell, not eating, dehydrated e.t.c then please take her to your local vet for a check-up. You should have her checked out at least once a year at the time of her annual vaccinations. I wish you well with your new family member.

Kind regards

Angus campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/03/27

Hi New cat owner

Kind regards

Angus campbell

Reply to CyberVet