Question
Posted by: shirley | 2011-03-11

WHAT IS BIPOLAR?

I know im depressed since i been back from the UK, having to re-establish myself, workwise, i have no friends,and somehow ive lost a lot of confidence in myself to find a good man. And i dont exactly want to go out on my own looking as if men are thinking otherwise. I am very lonely and feel theres no hope.

Even at interviews at work, i find im not confident at all, like thres somthn wrong with me, and i don hav the money for CBT, i know i probably have low self esteem. I desperately need a job as they can pick up im not strong enough or emotionally unstable. Could it be from my divorce from UK last year. So much is happening. Is it normal to feel depressed going home on a friday till sunday with no1 to talk to, most friends have gone overseas, but at times im not shy to jus go to a movie on my own, i jus cant handle people looking at me funny and asking whats an attractive woman like u without a boyfriend and what they dont realise is that i have low self image, shy, i just dont know how to approach and i was always boisterous and lively and yet now cant understand how ive changed to being so down. Is this depression or im not sure what bipolar is. Im also 44, temping, no stable job, no man.... etc... how do i boost myself up when ive also been libelled before, wrongly and she wasnt even a doctor, shes so sick herself an always on medication, 65 years old and always thinking men want her and her husband beats her up all time.... ever since she libelled me, ive lost all my confidence in interviews, everything and everyone and its never been me or do i believe shes gone mad and jus saying what she wants....

thanks CS for your time... and your kind soul.... :)

OK, ys this sounds like depression, and low self-esteem ( see what SADAG, number on this page ) can offer in support groups ). A divorce can have many impats, including a period of mourning and instability and a crisis of confidence in oneself. You have packed in within a relatively short period of time, a number of major stressors - koving country, unemployment, leaving friends and relationships behind, and being rather isolated. This adds to thediffiulty in coping and finding your feet again, but it remains possible.
What you're describing doesn't sound like Bipolar Disorder, which by definition visits both poles - both down into depression, and up into being too happy and over-active.
As for the experience of "libel" that unpleasant person has absolutely no power to hurt or bother you, except for the power you choose to give her. Consider her an annoying barking dog in the neighbourhood, and ignore her. She's presumably interested in saying cruel things to you, to distract her from the mess she seems to have made of her own life

2

OK, yes this sounds like depression, and low self-esteem ( see what SADAG, number on this page ) can offer in support groups ). A divorce can have many impats, including a period of mourning and instability and a crisis of confidence in oneself. You have packed in within a relatively short period of time, a number of major stressors - koving country, unemployment, leaving friends and relationships behind, and being rather isolated. This adds to the diffiulty in coping and finding your feet again, but it remains possible.