Question
Posted by: Emma | 2008/07/31

What is best?

Hi all,

My duaghter is moving to another country next year. She wants me to follow her once she has settled there. I would love to do so, but it would mean that I would become totally financially dependant on her and her future husband. My duaghter says she does not mind, she does not want me to stay here on my own. (There is not other family here). I really really appreciate her offer, but I feel bad about being a finacial burden on her, even before she starts her own family. I am so confused and don' t know what is best to do. I doubt that I would find an unskilled job overseas at the age of 57 .

Thanks.

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/31

Tell her that it is not a decision that needs to made right now. She should go, get married, whatever she wants to do, and in a year or two you can look at the options again.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: ME | 2008/07/31

I think the best way is to talk to her. Try and make her understand. She can support you fiancially even if you are not staying with her. She is a very good daughter, and you are very blessed to have such a responsible kid. But if she getting married she als need to consider the needs of her husband too.

Reply to ME