Question
Posted by: Esme | 2009/02/01

What is a safe dosage of St John' s Wort?

A homeopath prescribed Hypericum to me to aid sleep. I bought Solal' s " Naturaly High"  supplement and see that amongst other ingredients it contains 500mg St Johns Wort extract (std to 3% hyperforin and 0.3% hypericin). The Solal dosage is 2 caps twice daily and the Hypericum is one tablet at night (there is no indication on the bottle how much Hypericum each tablet actually contains). Can one take too much St John' s Wort/Hypericum or can I drink the two supplements safely? Thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

No, I would not advise taking these two together as the Solal product allready contains the recommended daily dose.