Question
Posted by: Brian | 2010/06/09

what is a portion

according to Health 24 " The Portion Eating Plan"  certian portions are to be eaten for weight loss.

exactly what is a portion?

Brian

Dear Brian
I did not write the article on that Portion Diet (I don't actually know who did), but generally speaking an adult man requires 3 portions of milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese a day, 2 portions of meat/fish or egg, 4-5 portions of wholegrains or cereals, 5-6 portions of fruit and vegetables, and about 2 tablespoons of oil or margarine per day. Hope this helps. Otherwise check out the 'Balanced slimming diet' that at least specifies what you can eat for the various meals.

1

Dear Brian