Posted by: bluefrog | 2008-12-15

what is a good self defence weapon?

with high crime in s.a.   how do we protect ourselves  especially when its so difficult getting a gun licence. What in your opinion would be the best small, compact, discreet, legal, self defence weapon to carry in south africa?

Expert ImageSelf defence expert

HI Bluefrog,

Thank you for contributing to our forum.
I hear what you say. There are a couple of weapons you can look at which are good options:
1 - Good quality Pepper spray
2 - Tazer gun
3 - a Knife

I have a good article i can email to you that i wrote for International magazines called Urban Tactical Weapons. Send me your email and i will forward it to you -

We are still allowed to carry licensed firearms. I would still apply for one taking the current crime levels we have to live under.