Question
Posted by: its me | 2008/07/16

what if it comes back?

3 months ago i was found to be clear of cancer. at the time the oncologist told me to have a CT scan in August to make sure it is still clear. as August approaches i am having anxiety attacks and am in a state of sheer panic. its all i can think about. The Last 18 months have been an absolute nightmare and i cannot see my self going through all that chemo and stress over again. If the cancer does return do you think i would be stupid to refuse treatment? I can tell you i CANNOT go through that again. should i speak to the hospice? prepare myself for death or do you think i am over reacting. I cannot cope with all of this.

The scan ought to be useful for re-assurance, not to invoke panic. So yes, you are probably over-reacting. If the scan shows any signs of recurence, you'd need to have a serious and calm discussion with your doctor about all your options, rather than to panic and just give up. If further treatment is needed, it might be of a different kind, and even if the same kind, at least this time you'd be experienced at dealing with it. And the scan may show no problems at all, and you could relax. Hospice can play a valuable role in the later stages of treatment, but not yet, for you, not by a long way.

1
Posted by: I think | 2008/07/16

Hi just have some faith, U might just be worrying urself with nothing..Pray to God that he helps you to stay calm and that whatever the scan show,you'll be able to deal with it...Keep the faith..

Reply to I think